Indian Rural economy continues to bullish, and is a big theme and expects multi-baggers in next four-five years. There are many stocks around the rural economy which have been doing very well, especially in irrigation, and in food processing.
A rapid transformation of Indian Villages can be seen from last few years. The penetration of mobile, internet and Wi-Fi are doing wonders like never before. Village economy is the major contributor to the agriculture economy, but even when it comes to industries and services, the rural economy is not far behind. It bridges the gap between urban-rural divide and also creating various job opportunities for rural as well as urban candidates.
Government Initiatives To Boost Job Creations In Rural India
– Approved the proposal to construct 10 million houses for the rural population for the period from 2016-17 to 2018-19.
– Aims to provide tap water regularly to every household by 2030
– Rs 187,223 crore has been allocated towards rural, agriculture and allied sectors
– The pace of roads construction has been accelerated to 133 km per day as against an average of 73 km per day during the years 2011-14.
– The allocation to the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) has been Rs 48,000 crore in the year 2017-18, which is the highest ever allocated amount.
– Looking to install Wi-Fi hotspots at more than 1,000-gram panchayats across India
– Mentioned that it is on course to achieve 100 percent village electrification by May 1, 2018.
– Sought Parliament’s approval for an additional expenditure of Rs 59,978.29 crore, which will be used to support the government’s rural jobs scheme, building rural infrastructure, development and farm insurance.